Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Destin in October

Well, the Pharr family's annual trip to Destin Florida in October came and went way too fast. We had a great time once again...although we very much missed Brian and Phillip this year. The weather was great as always and the beach was absolutely beautiful....we're already looking forward to next year.

Each morning we got up to go on a stroll...one morning me and Xander made it out in time to see the sunrise...










After breakfast we would get ready and hit the beach...the kids loved it...Xander would fall asleep for about an hour and then just hang out in his seat(every now and then if you weren't paying attention he 'd grab a handful of sand and some how enjoy it)...Paisley was nonstop from the time she got out there until we went in for lunch...she loved the sand and water...she even had a good time chasing after the birds...

















































Paisley and Kingston sometimes had more fun playing in the water back at the house than the actual ocean...














After lunch the kids went down for a nap and that's when I could have some alone time on the beach...boy was it relaxing...I think every mom deserves a couple of days on the beach by herself without the kids...

Or we would just throw them all in the pack and play just to keep them confined to one place...of course it didn't last very long...but they seemed to enjoy it for the short time being...











Each night we would dress ourselves up and go to one of our favorite restaraunts...our night to the Back Porch is the night we try to get pictures on the beach...well, trying to get one of three kids all under the age of two was pretty humurous...we even had other people watching and laughing with us at the funny site... all I have to say is, poor Xander...





















5 comments:

The Blankinships said...

so glad you're back. can't say that i'm not jealous of your tan and relaxed state of mind...but you deserve it!!! welcome home, friend

Anonymous said...

Loved these pictures. I am so glad you were able to have some good alone time. I pray you are home and feeling more refreshed! The beach pictures were amazing--I still do not know how anyone can stand and look at the ocean (epsecially at sunset) and not believe there is a GOD!!!
Love you.

Lincoln said...

How fun! I am so glad you got to have that time with your family! How wonderful! We miss you! Trish and Linc

Abigail and Ansley said...

What a great site. I am so glad that we are close enough that we are on your "friends" list. Blogging is such a great way to inform all your kids' fans!!

Abigail and Ansley said...

Hey! Eric told me yesterday that you had a blog. I loved looking at all of the pictures and reading about your adventures!!! You all are so precious! We miss you!
Lots of love,
Rebecca