Monday, May 22, 2006

Meant to Be...

It is such a good feeling to be able to stop, look back, and know that you are right where you were meant to be.

Not many of you know our story...




It was in the year of 1998, at Harding University, where we attended college, that we met. To be more specific, it was at half time of a basketball game in Rhodes Field House. To me Brian looked like a tall, "proud", and pretty darn cute guy. We dated, me a freshman and him a senior (boy was I feelin' good) for about ten months until, as the legend goes, I broke his heart...there really is more to that story but I like to leave it in the past :).

Five years later on a hot June day...Brian was in Nashville for a friend's wedding and staying with Daniel, Mary Ann and Caitlyn Green. Daniel thought it would be a good idea to take Caitlyn for a walk...little did Brian know that he had different intentions that day (thanks Daniel). They just happened to stop at a certain house along their way...this being my house...and when Brian figured out what was going on, he wasn't too excited. Of course i wasn't there at the time, he thought he got lucky, and so they spent a few minutes talking to my roomate. As they were leaving the house i returned...it was all a part of God's own timing. I stepped out of the car, saw who it was, and at that moment for the first time in my life (and only time that I can remember) God spoke to me. He told me everything was going to be all right. My "Angel" is what I call Brian...i know that God placed him back into my life that day...and it was that day that I knew we would spend the rest of our lives together.



It has been two years since May 22, 2004...our wedding day.

So much has happened...so much has changed. If you looked at our wedding programs you would see that our address to be was in Colorado...well, we never made it.

Now in our second house (soon to be third) with two beautiful little miracles, Paisley and Xander, we smile and reflect on our days together and know that through all the ups and downs, laughs and tears, adventures and challenges...we are right where we were meant to be.

Thank you to every one who has been a part of our lives, big or small, we could not be who we are or where we are today without you.



Happy 2nd Anniversary Brian....thank you for making all my dreams come true.

7 comments:

josh and darci said...

Okay... Now you made me cry :) We often spend so much time being thankful for our precious children that we forget to be thankful for our wonderful husbands. We are all so blessed that God hand-picked our spouses for us and MADE us come together in the right timing. You and Brian are so special to us and we thank God for the friends that we've found in you. Happy Anniversary, Tara and Brian!!
Love,
Josh, Darci and Brax

Lincoln said...

Congratulations Tara and Brian! How exciting to have your lives come together in such a mysterious way! Love Trish, Brian and Lincoln

Heather said...

Let me see if I can type through the tears...
I love your story! Scott and I have a similar "all-in-God's-timing" story, and I am so thankful that He knows better than we do! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Chad and I wish you a Happy Anniversary!

Christy said...

I already told you how sweet that entry was. It is amazing how God created that special someone for all of us and how incredile to share kids with that person--perfect little parts of each of us! I hope you (and everyone reading) have many more blessed anniversaries.

Kristy said...

Tara! I didn't know you had a blog... Your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! 6.0 adware free Ambien informationimgpayday-loan gif Pay cox bill online Side effects of pravachol vs zocor http://www.surveillance-equipment-3.info Sheraton fallsview rooms 1972 corvette convertible Allegra wholesale Circuit breaker trips fluorescent light buy levitra online