I dont take the opportunity to share my thoughts, my feelings, my ramblings on this blog as often as I wish I could ---- or as often as I should -- but for those of you that read this blog often, that is probably for the best. There is only so much of what I have to say that you would want to read ---- but I think in this case you should keep on reading.
For those of you who know me, you know just how much I love being a dad. While there are moments that I get frustrated or tired or just want a little break ---- there is so much joy I find in my life now, because of Paisley and Xander. It is hard to believe that Paisley will be 4 and Xander will be 3 in just a couple of months. It seems like yesterday that we were bringing Paisley home from the hospital -- time sure goes by way too fast. I am trying to take snapshots in my memory bank of all the little things that happen each day that we are blessed to spend with Paisley and Xander.
Okay -- so now let me tell you a little story that happened a few weeks ago.
I was finishing up another busy day at work --- and Tara called (or she may have texted ) to see what my "plan" was and when i might be heading home. I said i would be coming home soon and she said well lets meet at Las Palmas ( a favorite Mexican restaurant of ours, not far from home) and have dinner there together.
Tara and the kids got there before I did, and were sitting down eating Chips, Salsa, and cheese dip when I joined them. After a little small talk and catching up on how our days were ---- Tara says "We have to talk about something" ..... if any of you men/husbands out there are like me, that is usually a "you did something wrong and i need to let you know how it made me feel" type of conversation. I am a far from perfect husband and dad and screw up often --- so we have had this conversation a few times, but I couldn't think of anything that I had done this time.
Tara and the kids got there before I did, and were sitting down eating Chips, Salsa, and cheese dip when I joined them. After a little small talk and catching up on how our days were ---- Tara says "We have to talk about something" ..... if any of you men/husbands out there are like me, that is usually a "you did something wrong and i need to let you know how it made me feel" type of conversation. I am a far from perfect husband and dad and screw up often --- so we have had this conversation a few times, but I couldn't think of anything that I had done this time.
So I waited for what Tara was going to "talk" to me about this time ---- and then she hits me with it!! See picture below for what she told me!!
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS??
LOOK AGAIN --- BELOW
IF YOU HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT YET ------ that is a picture ----- really, an ultrasound ----
of baby #3. That is right, Paisley and Xander will have another sibling come July 8th (or close to that) of 2009.
It was hard for me to believe Tara when she told me. I almost lost my tacos onto the plate.
How did this happen? (I mean, we know HOW it happened, but ........)
All we know to say is that God is in complete control, HE is so much bigger than us, and that we are SOOOO blessed. We ask thay you pray for Tara and the baby during the next few months -- pray that Tara feels better (she has been very sick, queasy, etc this go round) and has a healthy pregnancy. Pray that the baby grows and is healthy during the next few months.
Thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers for the Layton Family.
7 comments:
HA! I loved that we were talking about "how these things happen" when we were in Nashville over Thanksgiving. Awesome.
Congrats Brian and Tara! Baby Brenna will have a friend close to her age.
Congratulations to you all. We are so happy to hear the news and look forward to welcoming a new baby. Hope Tara is feeling better soon.
Love, Aunt Jill
It cracks me up that she was able to keep a secret until after the ultrasound. Congratulations to you both! SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Congratulations! That's so exciting! I can't believe she was able to keep this news until after the ultrasound either! That's awesome. I could never wait that long. Congrats again. We're praying for you all and a healthy baby.
Congratulations! How exciting, another baby. You will be in our prayers for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
Tara!! Way to go on the secret keeping! And Congratulations to you both! Love you guys!
Post a Comment